KEKK Wiersma Family Photo, 2011

KEKK Wiersma Family Photo, 2011
New Family Photo-Nov 2011

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

New Soother--Update



Hi all ! We have a "Soother" update !


Earlier I mentioned we found a contact on line who has a "lightbulb" shaped soother for us ! :)


We picked them up on Sunday--and they are from England ! The shape is pretty "close" to his original one from Korea......so here we go on trying to have him giving them a try !


Yesterday was day 1 - on the new soother.

He was happy in the morning, so I removed his old one, and placed the new one on his attachment string. HE looked at it, and looked at it and then left it alone. He put it in his mouth once, then spit it out looking at it--basically knowing its not "his" soother.

Nap time came around....oh oh......! Nope, did not even put it in his mouth....but went down for a good nap ! ( this is great ...so far? )

For the rest of the day, did not even look at it.

Night time came around.......He was MADDDDDD !!!!! Screamed at me on and off for the full 1 hour---!!!!! I'd go in there...even put in a different soother I got last month, try to put it in his mouth !!! Nope !!! closed his lips tight....did not want that one or the new one !!!! Finally he feel asleep with no soother in his mouth!!


Day 2--


Today he did not even show an interest in it.

We were at the doctors today---( Needle #2 ) and he put it in his mouth for 5 min tops !!!! YEAH !!!

That was it though ! He still has not touched it since !


Nap time today , he threw both soothers out of the crib.....not napping well today!

:( So.......we will see what happens by the end of the week !!!!


His old soother is too small for his mouth, and I can see one tooth may be turning a bit because of it.....sooooooo its either the new soother or no soother !!! :( ( bad mommy- I know ) :(


Kyler never had a soother, so I never had this issue before ! My goodness !


I will keep ya posted !!


Karen and Kijin







1 comment:

  1. Hilarious, but it sounds like it's working! Neither of my boys took a soother, so I have no idea what you're going through!

    ReplyDelete