KEKK Wiersma Family Photo, 2011

KEKK Wiersma Family Photo, 2011
New Family Photo-Nov 2011

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Always Remember...





"In Flanders Fields"


In Flanders Fields the poppies blow

Between the crosses row on row,

That mark our place: and in the sky

The larks, still bravely singing, fly

Scarce heard amid the guns below.


We are the Dead. Short days ago

We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,

Loved and were loved, and now we lie

In Flanders Fields.


Take up our quarrel with the foe:

To you from failing hands we throw

the torch; be yours to hold it high.

If we break faith with us who die

We shall not sleep,

though poppies grow

In Flanders Fields.


The pictures above are me. I was in the infantry division of the Royal Highland Fusiliers of Canada Regimental from 1990-1993, out of Cambridge Ontario.

The group picture- I am last standing behind my Master Corporal- in Bordon training Blackdown"C" when I graduated in summer of 1990, Infantry Division.

On each Remembrance Day I remember marching in a Rememberance Day parade in Cambridge wearing my full get up dress gear. What a great feeling to march in a parade on a day like Remembrance Day!


So a shout out to my old Regiment in Cambridge ! Have a great parade and have a beer on me !


Remember to honour the heroes of yesterday and today who gave their lives for our Freedom !


Karen Wiersma

( PTE MARSHALL 1990-1993)








No comments:

Post a Comment