KEKK Wiersma Family Photo, 2011

KEKK Wiersma Family Photo, 2011
New Family Photo-Nov 2011

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

What to do with leftover carved out Pumpkins ! ?

I bought a yummy "Pumpkin Loaf" at a bazzar over the weekend. I loved it soooo much, I ate it all myself and thought, I can make this!!!!
We already got rid of our 2 large pumpkins from Halloween, and we had 3 little weeeeee ones outside still.....ummmmm.....can I do this??
I go on line--read what the instructions on how to boil pumpkin from scratch and find the easiest "Pumpkin Loaf" recipe I could find.
Well ! Those little weeee pumpkins were sooooooo hard to cut into !! I soaked them in hot water for awhile, rinsed them off and I still could not cut it open. Mind you, I only had a steak knife in the house to do this....where was a chain saw or electric knife when I needed it???? So I go on line, and it tells me to Microwave the pumpkin a few minutes then try it again....follow the instructions like you would a large potato ! So in it went- x3 of them......heated them up and then tried cutting it ! Yikes !! It was sooo hard, but a bit easier to cut it open. So I hack away and cut the pumpkin away from its skin and put in in my crockpot. Yep= you can do this ! Who knew? So on high for about 3 hours, a bit of water, I threw in pumpkin spices, and voila ! Cooked pumpkin :) I just have to strain it and prepare to make a pumpkin loaf ( all for me ) LOL---i will see how it turns out---it may even be a good Christmas gift for someone....the Recipe I got makes 2 loafs- I hope I have enough cooked pumpkin and then some left over to freeze, which you can for 6 months.
The results coming up with a Pumpkin Loaf Recipe !

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment